This is a short and quick guidebook for the game Niara: Rebellion Of the King Visual Novel Role Playing Game.
View of the HUD:
See below for the explanation of each of the elements labelled above. Look for the number of the elements to seek its explanation.
Explanation of the elements in the HUD:
1. Stats: If you click on the stats button you will see a window like this:
In the stats window you can see the character’s name and the HP, MP, level, amount of money you have and how many points you have in each of the elements namely, strength, fire, water, grass, wind, light, dark.
You can also switch your weapons using ‘Switch Weapon’ button.
You can see the description and point allocation of magic attacks when you click on the names of the magic attacks. In the beginning you have only one magic attack.
You can click on the ‘Achievement’ button and see your achievements.
In the end you can view your XP (experience points) and how much XP you need to proceed to the next level.
2. Quests: When you click on the ‘Quests’ button then you will be presented with a window like this:
You can see all your quests in this window. Right now you only have one quest.
3. Province: When you click on the province button then you will see a window like this:
You can see the map of the province in this window. You can scroll down this window and see the full map of the province. This map is important when you will have to travel to cities which are not immediate neighbors of the city you are currently in .
4. Country: When you click on the ‘Country’ button then you will be presented with a window like this:
You will be able to see the map of the country on which the game is based. This map is only to get a feel of where everything is located. It does not have a lot of importance in the game other than understanding the story.
5. Map: The map is one of the most important elements of the HUD of the game. The map shows your current location in a city. It also shows the paths you can take to visit different sectors and streets of the city.
One city can have many sectors. One sector can have many streets. The Arabic numeral(1, 2, 3…) represents the sector number. The Roman numeral(I, II, III…) represents the street number. In the choice menu you will be able to see the full name of the location you want to visit. For example, in the choice you will see ‘Go to Sector 5 Street 2’. So, you can click on that choice to go to sector 5 street 2 of the city you are in . The map and the location will update and will show you your new location. Keeping an eye on the map is a good practice while playing the game.
6. Inventory: When you click on this button then you will see a window like this:
In the inventory window you can see all the objects you are carrying except for swords. All your swords are listed in the stats window. In the inventory window you can see your health potions and your mana potions. You can click on their names to use them. Below you will be able to see all the miscellaneous items you are carrying. Right now you are carrying ‘Nothing, ‘Gold Key’ and a ‘Resist Damage Spell’. You can click on the names of the items to look at their description.
7. Pause: This is the pause button. When you click on it the game will be paused and you will be presented with a window that looks like this:
If you click on one of the save boxes your game will be saved. If you click on the ‘Menu’ button you will be taken to the main menu and your current progress will be erased. There will be a confirmation dialog box before you can go to the main menu. In the ‘Prefs’ screen you will be able to see preferences like music volume, text speed etc. If you click on the ‘Back’ button you will be taken back to the game and the game will resume.
8. Choice Menu: This is the choice menu. This is again one of the most important elements of the HUD. Here you will see what actions you can take in a situation. The choices in the choice menu will be self explanatory and you will have to click on them to do the action written on them.
9. Equipment: These two boxes show what current item and current weapon you have equipped. The currently equipped item will be used in situations where that item can be used. Such situations may arise when you are talking to a character or when you are interacting with any object. The currently equipped weapon will be used in battles. Make sure that you have equipped the most powerful weapon which you can manage to equip. You can click on both of these boxes and look at the description of the items or weapons currently equipped by you.
The game can completely be played with a mouse and there is no need to use the keyboard. However, the game requires you to pay a lot of attention to the leveling of your character and using holy essence at shrines and choosing which weapon/weapon upgrades to buy. This was a quick guide to get you started. You will find many hints about the game by talking to the NPCs in the game as well.
Thank you for purchasing the game. We hope you enjoy every moment of it. We look forward to bringing more games to you in the future. Any feedback you give to us will be appreciated.